Interaction Log Entries Window
Shows a list of the interactions that you have logged, for example, when you create an interaction, print a cover sheet, a sales order, and so on. This window displays different information depending on where you open it from. If you open the Interaction Log Entries window from a contact card, you can see a list of the logged interactions involving that particular contact, for example sent and received letters, phone calls, meetings, printed orders.
In this window, you cannot create a new interaction log entry, but you can create an interaction using the Create Interaction wizard.
How to: Create Interactions
You can create interactions to record all the interactions and communications you have with your contacts. Before you create interactions, you must set up interaction templates. For more information, see How to: Set Up Interaction Templates.
To create an interaction
- In the Search box, enter Contacts, and then choose the related link. You can also create interactions from a Salesperson/Purchaser card or an Interaction Log Entry.
- On the Actions tab, in the Process group, choose Create Interaction. The Create Interaction wizard opens.
- Fill in all the fields in the first window of the wizard, and then choose the Next button. The Interaction Template Code, Salesperson Code, Contact No., Date, and Description fields are required and must be filled in before you can choose the Next or Finish buttons.
- If the interaction template you have chosen contains an attachment, when you choose the Next button on the first window of the wizard, you can either open the attachment or display a dialog box from where you can import an attachment. Make any necessary changes in the attachment, close it, and then confirm the subsequent message.
- Fill in the other relevant fields in the wizard windows.
- When you have entered all the necessary information, choose the Finish button. If you need to perform another task in Microsoft Dynamics NAV before finishing the interaction, you can close the wizard and choose to finish the interaction at a later time.
To postpone an interaction
- In the Create Interaction wizard, choose the Close button. When you choose Yes, the newly created interaction is stored in the Interaction Log Entry table. If you have linked the interaction to a campaign, a new entry is inserted in the Campaign Entry table.
- If a postponed interaction contains an attachment, it is stored in Microsoft Dynamics NAV. To view the attachment, open the Postponed Interactions window, select the interaction with the attachment you want to view, and choose the Show button.
How to: Delete Interaction Log Entries
You can delete interaction log entries. Only canceled interactions can be deleted.
To delete interaction log entries
- In the Search box, enter Delete Canceled Interaction Log Entries, and then choose the related link.
- On the Interaction Log Entry FastTab, fill in the default filters.
- Add any other filters you may need to select the canceled interaction log entries you want to delete.
- Choose the OK button.
How to: Cancel Interaction Log Entries
You can cancel interaction log entries when an interaction you have recorded has not been performed. You cancel interaction log entries in the Interaction Log Entries window. Depending on where you access the Interaction Log Entries window from, the window shows interactions either for a contact, a salesperson, or a to-do. The following procedure shows how to cancel an interaction for a contact.
To cancel an interaction log entry
- In the Search box, enter Contacts, and then choose the related link.
- In the Contacts window, select the contact that is involved in the interaction.
- On the Navigate tab, in the Contact group, choose Interaction Log Entries.
- In the Interaction Log Entries window, select the interaction log entry you want to cancel.
- On the Actions tab, in the Functions group, choose Switch Checkmark in Canceled.
- Confirm the subsequent message.
Note: Canceled entries are not removed from the Interaction Log Entries window; instead, they appear as canceled.
How to: Resend Attachments
If one or more attachments failed to be sent when the interactions for your segments were being logged, you can have the attachments resent from the Logged Segments window.
To resend an attachment
- In the Search box, enter Logged Segments, and then choose the related link.
- Select the logged segment that you want to resend the attachments for.
- On the Actions tab, in the Functions group, choose Resend. The Resend Attachments window opens.
- Apply filters to specify which attachments you want to resend.
- On the Options FastTab, specify a correspondence type.
- Choose the Ok button. You can also resend attachments from the Interaction Log Entries window by following the same procedure.